Teesside University is proud to sponsor the Apprentice Employer of the Year category at the Enginuity Skills Awards 2023.
We are an ambitious, future-facing university which has placed investment in professional apprenticeships at the heart of our educational offer. We offer a dynamic curriculum that enables employers to attract, develop and retain talent by investing in critical high-level knowledge and skills. Delivered by expert practitioners and informed by industry-led knowledge, we help you grow and stay competitive.
Through these awards, we celebrate the ingenuity that is shaping the future of our industries and the value of skills development in driving long-term success.
At Teesside University, we offer the engineering and manufacturing sector the opportunity to develop and update workforce skills through a range of professional apprenticeship programmes. We are continuously developing these to suit sector needs and ensure businesses can stay up to date with emerging technology and research to stay innovative and competitive.
We recently appointed Jo Burgess as Director of Apprenticeships, with responsibility for developing opportunities across the University and with industry. ’We are delighted to be sponsoring the Apprentice Employer of the Year category at this year’s Enginuity Awards.
’We work with some fantastic employers who share our vision to place apprenticeships at the centre of a transformational education offer.
‘As a global institution, we have ambitious plans to grow our professional apprenticeship portfolio further. We are proud to provide a range of innovative courses focused on engineering, science and technology.
’We strive to help employers achieve their mission by ensuring our apprentices are trained to the highest level to make a positive impact from day one.
‘The Enginuity Awards are an opportunity to shout about your success. We look forward to receiving as many nominations as possible.’
· Civil engineer apprentice, Lucy Davison has been selected to become one of the Institution of Civil Engineers President’s Future Leaders 2022-23.
· Daniel Crow, who completed a civil engineering degree apprenticeship with Teesside University and Wood achieved the 2022 Transporter Bridge Award in recognition of his innovative final project.
‘At Sir Robert McAlpine we fully support staff development. By having our staff well trained and qualified, we ensure we maintain our well-deserved reputation and continue to ensure quality for our clients.’
‘The world of engineering moves so quickly, and we are aware that if organisations become complacent then they can find themselves falling behind competitors. Our hope for our apprentices is that they learn new tool sand techniques that will help Arlington continue to progress and make us more efficient and competitive in the future.’
· Civil Engineer
· Electrical/Electronic Technical Support Engineer
· Manufacturing Engineer
· Product Design and Development Engineer
· Control/Technical Support Engineer
· Embedded Electronic Systems Design and DevelopmentEngineer.
We are developing some new programmes ready for delivery in 2023. If you would like more information or would like to attend any of our consultation events, do get in touch.
· Construction Site Management Degree Apprenticeship
· Design and Construction Management Degree Apprenticeship
· Science Industry Plant and Process Engineer
· Data Science egree Apprenticeship
· Artificial Intelligence and Data Specialist